I find great solace in music. It helps me whenever I’m stressed. It helps me whenever I’m happy. It helps me whenever I’m sad. I am a total music lover. I like every genre of music. I love to play my music loud and sing and dance all the time. I’m lucky I have nice neighbors. I enjoy music lyrics. I find music an interesting art that is so creative I envy those who excel at it. Music lyrics touch me and play important roles in my life during certain events or times – good or bad.
One such artist is Eminem. First, let’s get something out of the way. The ONE thing I definitely do not do is judge others. That is not my place. And, as far as artists are considered, I pay no mind to their personal life. I am not interested or obsessed with an artist of any sort that I need to be up in their personal lives. I enjoy ALL types of art and feel that if I hinder any particular artist (whether that be a musician, actor, photographer, or painter), then I am only potentially limiting myself to the inspiration that could make a difference in my life. No one is perfect. I sure am not and do not feel the necessity to connect someone’s personal and professional life.
Now, that being said – on to my favorite musings by Eminem. I admire that he writes all of his music; any artist who does that gains more respect from me. It only adds to their creative mastery, and I enjoy that. This 26 musings from Eminem are my favorite because they have served a purpose in my life at some point. They touched me, inspired me, kept me going, built me up, or just plain made me chuckle. I hope that you too may find one or more that touch you in some way.
1. “Love is just a word, but you bring it definition.”
2. “Behind every successful person lies a pack of haters.”
3. “Don’t let them say you ain’t beautiful. They can all get fu#cked, just stay true to you.”
4. “I always wished for this, but it’s almost turning into more of a nightmare than a dream.”
5. “Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They’re only powerful when you got your back turned.”
6. “When you’re a little kid, you don’t see color, and the fact that my friends were black never crossed my mind. It never became an issue until I was a teenager and started trying to rap.”
7. “It sometimes feels like a strange movie, you know, it’s all so weird that sometimes I wonder if it is really happening.”
8. “I’m just a little bit sicker than the average individual I think.”
9. “Imma be what I set out to be without a doubt undoubtedly.”
10. “The truth is you don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride, and nothing is guaranteed.”
11. “But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail.”
12. “You’d have to walk a thousand miles in my shoes just to see what it’s like to be me!!”
13. “Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted in one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?”
14. “That’s why we seize the moment, try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it.”
15. “You better lose yourself in the music, in the moment. You own it, you better never let it go. You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow; this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.”
16. “But you lied again. Now you get to watch her leave out the window. Guess that’s why they call it window pane.”
17. “It was my decision to get clean, I did it for me. Admittedly, I probably did it subliminally for you.”
18. “Yeah, it’s been a ride. I guess I had to go to that place to get to this one. Now some of you might still be in that place. If you’re trying to get out, just follow me, I’ll get you there.”
19. “You don’t get another chance. Life is no Nintendo game.”
20. “When I’m gone, just carry on.”
21. “I act like sh#t don’t phase me. Inside it drives me crazy, my insecurities could eat me alive.”
22. “We’ll walk this road together, through the storm. Whatever weather, cold or warm.”
23. “And I am, whatever you say I am, If I wasn’t, then why would I say I am?”
And my two favorites are left for last and have the most meaning in my life each and every day.
24. “I don’t care if you’re black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be nice to you. Simple as that!”
25. “Music is life magic, there’s a certain feeling you get when you’re real and you spit and people are feeling your sh#t. This is your moment, and every single minute you spend tryna hold on to it because you may never get it again. So while you’re in it, try to get as much sh#t as you can and when your run is over, just admit when it’s at its end because I’m at the end of my wits with half the sh#t gets in.”
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did writing it.
~ Holley Jacobs